From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Seak, Teng-Fong
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 11:37
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Auto Login

        Is Java client your only choice and you don't want to use native
client no matter what?  If that's the case, I'm afraid the answers to
your questions are mostly "no".

        I don't know how to store password, but it's easy for the
machine name.  Just copy the URL which contains the machine name.

> hiding the buttons so I can fire it up in a clean window showing just
the desktop (probably
> scaled 1/2)

        For this, you need the native client ...... or VNC 4 Java
client, but it stills needs a browser window to fire up the java client.

> ideally I could pass the parameters either by get or post and these
would be used by the
> applet
>
> I wont need to change anything once it is configured.
>
> The plan is to put the url into my startup folder.
>
> This has probably been done already but I couldn't find it in the
documentation

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mark J Tyers
>
> PS: if it has not been done I might try doing it myself if I can get
the source files for the
> applet (my Java is pretty basic but it would be a good way of
improving it!)
> There are 10 sorts of people, those who understand binary and those
that don't

--------------------------------------
Privacy and Confidentiality
--------------------------------------
City College Coventry computer systems may be monitored and communications carried on
them recorded, to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful
purposes. Please note that this email cannot be considered personally confidential and
that this and any replies may be screened.

Views and opinions expressed in this e-mail are deemed to be those of the individual
sender and not necessarily those of City College Coventry.

The copyright in any transmission lies with City College Coventry. Any form of
reproduction, dissemination, disclosure, modification, distribution or publication of
this message without explicit consent is prohibited.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or confidential
College information. The contents are intended solely for the use of the intended
recipient(s) or organisation(s).

If you are not the intended recipient, no action may be taken on the information nor
may it be copied or shown to a third party and you are asked to notify the sender or
[EMAIL PROTECTED] accordingly and then delete from your computer.