Nate McMaster wrote:

> So, I've been searching the archives to the point of going crazy. I've

> found all the information that I can and have made the proper

Have you searched the SuSE knowledge base?

Beerse wrote:

>You should have started with the vnc from your distribution. It is

>pre-configured to your distro. Hence, remove what you have installed from
other

>sources and install from the distro. Best to install all vnc* packages and
once

>it all works, remove obsolete ones. After that you can update the binaries

>(`Xvnc` and `vncviewer`) and optionally the java stuff (...vnc/classes/*).

Suse 9.0 comes with (quoting rpm -qa | grep -i vnc) :

kdenetwork3-vnc-3.1.4-27        (KDE 'shared' desktop)

XFree86-Xvnc-4.3.0.1-21

tightvnc-1.2.9-44

It sounds like you've got a little miscegenation of the packages.  Beerse is
correct uninstall/reinstall until the package list matches the above.

Paul