Hi All,

Suppose I am running a debian linux machine with KDE as the GUI, and
tightVNC. A friend is using the linux machine locally and I would like to
show them how to do something. I am on an arbitrary pc somewhere on the
network which may or may not have VNC veiwer installed, and may be any OS.
So I want to use the java viewer in a browser to access the :0 desktop so
that my friend can see what I am doing on their local screen and so learn
how to do whatever it is next time. I can use vnc viewer to do this, but
I've had no luck using the java viewer. I am trying <name>:5800 in the
browser. Anyone had any success with this? Should I use real VNC instead of
tightVNC?