sashko wrote:

Hello,
there are 2 machines with VNC-server installed under win2K on both of
them. The hardware is pretty the same (cel400 MHz ram256).
However, when I'm accessing the server from my linux machine (using
vncviewer), the behavior is quite different. Vnc server loads processor
not more than 10% on one of them, but on second machine, it eats all
available processor time, without any dependence on currently running
software.
Can anyone give me a hint where to look for the problem?

There is some meganism that sets the compression rate as used in the communicaiton. I think it uses different compression schemes at both connection.