Laxmikant Rashinkar wrote:

Hi,

I have installed Real Vnc 4 on my systems.
I am able to change the port number in the server configuration.

But how do I change the port number in the viewer?
I have tried the following options in the "VNC Viewer: connection Details" dialog
box, but none of them work.

192.168.0.7:1234
192.168.0.7 1234

If you changed the display number, you can just use the same displaynumber at the viewer side. The display number a port-number offset: For X11 (unix/linux based Xvnc) communication it is added to 6000 for the portnumber. Fro rfb (vncviewer) communication it is added to 5900 and for the webserver it is added to 5800.

If you realy changed the portnumber with a portmapper or firewall or such, you can reverse the above: The viewer adds 5900 to the displaynumber so you have to subtract that from the portnumber you want. Sometimes you can use negative numbers, on other platforms, you can add the 'maxint' value to that. (2^16, 2^32 or 2^64).

I dont see any other place in the viewer where I can define the port to be used.

regards
LK