Nguyen, Hien T wrote:

It seemed that when you connect to a linux vnc server.  The viewer only
update the screen when there is mouse movement.  Other than that, the screen
just doesn't update.  Is there a way to have it so that the linux vnc server
constantly update the screen without having to detect mouse movement??? -HNT

The unix-based vncserver does only update the actual updates in the screen. This in contrary to the M$Windows based server, which polls the screen or parts of it.

The vncviewer can request an update as it does on startup. Hit <F8> and select RefreshScreen if needed.

If you feel it as an error, best to send it as such

CBee

-----Original Message----- From: Corni Beerse [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent:
Friday, June 18, 2004 8:36 AM To: Nguyen, Hien T Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: realVNC on Linux

Nguyen, Hien T wrote:

I have a question about the realVNC version for redhat linux. I am trying
to have the linux vnc server to update continuously.  For some reason, I
cannot seemed to use vncconfig to do this.  Basically I have an animated
clip that I want to be able to view from a window box to this linux box
through vnc.  But the vncserver for linux does not seemed to have a option
for this.  Can anyone tell me where I could find information regarding
frame updates in linux?

I think your player for the clip does need some X11 extention (think acceleration) which is not available in Xvnc.