Roland Berger wrote:

Hi all

I use Suse Linux 9.1 and would like to connect to it from Windows XP. I have Real VNC viewer version 4 installed on Windows and Real VNC server version 4 installed on Linux.

For a start, best to remove your installed version and install the one that comes with SuSE. Once you get that running (consult the documentation that comes with SuSE!) you can considder an update.

Basic update is replacing the binaries `Xvnc` and `vncviewer`. Optionally replacing all other scripts and such.

Connection is successfull, but all I see is only a text console instead of a full graphic display showing KDE. What do I have to do to see KDE Login Screen?

The SuSE vnc setup (well, my experience is from SuSE 8.x) is that it does a setup similar to http://www.sourcecodecorner.com/articles/vnc/linux.asp .