Hiya,

I wondered if someone ever tried to create a VNC installation that is as easy as it can be for user support without installing it at every user's desktop.

My favourite solution would be:

1. the user downloads an .exe from a webpage
2. the user starts the server .exe (or step 1+2 in one click :-))
3. vnc server on user's desktop starts up and connects automatically to a support host running a listening vnc viewer

I played around with a VNC 3.3.7, writing a batch to start vnc server w/ "-run" followed by a "-connect support.mydomain.com" which didn't work out because of the missing password. Now, with VNC4, the VNC server blocks as soon as I start it from a command line and I cannot run a batch that connects to a host afterwards.

anybody tried something like that before?

cheers,
marco