-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alex K. Angelopoulos
Sent: 25 August 2004 18:59
To: RealVNC List
Subject: Security Feature Suggestion: "Delete Password" on exit?

I've been looking at VNC in remote assistance roles recently, and it has occurred to me that for that specific role, it might be helpful if VNC could be set to either delete the registry keys for passwords on exit or to never save the password at all.

I find myself taken with the idea, but I can also see how
this could be a
pain in the rear for a standard install even if done
carefully - if it's
possible to wade through the issues of multiple keys where
the password may
be specified, it could still be very confusing to people if
this "setting"
were configured and they weren't aware of it.

Any general reactions to the idea, though?