I became an expert on VNC through no wish of my own when we implemented it
last year, so here is my input.  I'm assuming Angelo's definition of the
network is correct, and that you are using VPN on the Internet connection
over the internet.

There are several versions of VPN.  The one that Microsoft uses is
Point-To-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP).  That is probably what you are
using since you have port 1723 forwarded on your router.   My understanding
of how VPN works is that it makes one LAN of both sides of the VPN
connection.  What you have, in effect, is a single LAN with two entities
with the same  IP address (192.168.1.1) if you are using static IP
addressing. (I'm still a little confused by your description of 'a
192.169.1.1 LAN' but I assume you mean a LAN where the router has the static
IP address of 192.169.1.1).  If DHCP is enabled on both routers, it will
work fine on each individual LAN (assigning IP addresses dynamically from
the pool) but if you create a VPN connection between the two LAN segments,
it now looks like one big LAN and you are using a default IP address pool,
both routers are assigning IP adresses from identical pools.... I think you
see where I am going - you may end up with a bunch of duplicate IP
addresses.  I don't know exactly what will happen but the results will
probably be inconsistent.

I suggest you assign a different IP address to each network e.g.

1st LAN 192.168.1.x
2nd LAN 192.168.2.x
3rd LAN 192.168.3.x
etc.

To do that your are going to set the IP address of the router per the above
and the DHCP range as follows:

192.168.1.start to 192.168.1.end
192.168.2.start to 192.168.2.end
192.168.3.start to 192.169.3.end
etc.

It is not as complicated as it sounds but requires a bit of management but,
if my understanding of what you want to do is correct, it is fairly
complicated.

Alan.

P.S. You do not need to forward port 47 for VPN to work on your router - I
only have port 1723 forwarded on mine.  VPN (PPTP) uses TCP protocol port
1723 to establish a VPN session then uses PROTOCOL 47 to encapsulate the
data that it is sending over the Internet. PROTOCOL 47 (also called GRE
protocol, I think) is not the same as TCP PROTOCOL PORT 47 - a little
subtlity that very few people seem to understand, especially Linksys who
broke VPN in their latest versions of their firmware because they block
protocol 47 and do not give the user any way to enable (pass) it.  You will
not cause any problem (I think) by forwarding port 47; just forwarding
something you don't need to and causing the router to do a little more work.