I don't think that it's too much to ask for a product that's had a life
cycle of over a decade to work properly.  I don't think that's
classified as whining, either.  I could understand if it's a relatively
new product or of the company is small, but there's no excuse for this
from a company like Symantec.

I also take issue with the idea that IT work must be difficult or you're
a slacker.  That kind of ideal is what is preventing Linux from making
it in the mainstream.  Too many people are working too hard to keep the
operating system too archaic for the average IT worker to feel
comfortable placing on their networks.

If there is one mental barrier that I'd love to bash down in the IT
field, it's that if you're not using a command prompt or manually
editing the registry on a daily basis, you are inferior to those that
do.  In my view, the less time you spend recompiling your kernel, the
more time you scan spend on making life easier for those that rely on
your services.  :)

Ok, so this got a little off topic.

- Steve Bostedor
http://www.vncscan.com