Chris,

Your statement is misleading.  TightVNC and other projects based on VNC 3.3
have a number of settings accessible only via registry entries, termed
"Advanced Settings".

VNC 4 either provides settings through the GUI interfaces, or eliminates
them because they are no longer relevant.  Only a couple of very low level
parameters remain purely registry-controlled.

The setting to which Gustavo refers is one of the no-longer-relevant ones.

Cheers,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.