surendra jambe wrote:

All:
I am using VNC 4.0 server at my office workstation.
At my home, I am using VNC 4.0.

The vncviewer binary I hope.

I can connect to VNC Server. But I do not see any desktop, it just shows me
blank screen. And I can

Browse through, my mouse movements are happening

This leads me to believe it is the java-viewer....

I can click on any icon on desktop and it works.

Hence you see the desktop...

   I have the same resoultion , 1024X768 pixels at my work and home
   I have the same color bits, 32 at my work and home

Well, what do you get if you use your collegues machine to view your machine (hence at the office network)? If that does not work, then it is most likely a setting in the vncseraver at your office machine.

If it all works from your collegues machine, it can be a vnc-viewer setting at your home-machine. Check the options. The default installation should provide read and write actions, however you only seem to get read. If you happen to have 2 machines at home, try if you can use the viewer at your machine to handle the other machine.

In the end, there is also a (hypothetical) problem with the routing and firewalling. It is possible you can get the information from your office but some filters on the way back restrict the way back. I don't expect this to be a problem since the vnc-session does start and that is also initiated from the viewer machine.