do you mean VPN is assingning a different IP when communicating to the remote
PC's? or its just the local internal ip is being used by the remote pc during
the communication in VPN.

Angelo Sarto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:So you would like to be able to control
the remote computers when they
are active in the vpn?

this should be possible, but the remote computer will need to be
running vncserver.

You would have to have them install vnc server on each of the remote
machines. In this case (if it is running as a service) you wouldn't
even need a reverse connect, simply connect to them by there VPN IP.

e.g.

xxx.xxx.xxx.yyy -------|VPN|----------(192.168.11.254)------

when someone logs in with a vpn server they are given an "inside" IP,
i.e. an ip on the lan.

If the remote computer is running vncserver then you should be able to
connect to it's "inside" IP.

The pitfalls you will need to avoid are:

VPN Server and VPN Client Security settings-I believe in most VPN
defaults all traffic is allowed in both directions.

Client Firewall - e.g. windows XP service Pack2, software firewalls,
some AV (hardware firewalls are usually being bypassed already via
VPN)

VPN's that do PAT - do your VPN clients share an IP? If you can give
them each there own that would work a lot better. otherwise you would
have to do some fancy tricks on the VPN.

I'm not much of an expert on vpn, but I think this list will cover a
lot of them.

--Angelo