From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Lorenzo Fife
Sent: 09 January 2005 05:40
To: vnc-list@realvnc.com
Subject: Hi! question regarding Zlibinstream: inflate failed error

Hi,

I'm new to this mailing list (just signed up) and indeed i'm new to VNC too
(just installed it today) but it seems like a GREAT program, and it's FREE!

how great can it get!  if i can actually get it working, then i'm planning
on donating though, cause for a program with this much potential, i'd have
to pay anyway, so anything to support it :)

Anyway, here's my problem... i've got the client on a windows xp sp1
machine, and the server is a windows 2000 pro machine.  right now i'm
testing it within my network, but in the next few days i'm flying the server

out of state, and it's going to be sitting on a connection there for the
rest of its life.  because of this, it's imperative that i get VNC working,
because if it stops working, then i won't be able to run my server, since
it'll be 1000+ miles away.

It works, and it works great, except that every now and then i get a
"Zlibinstream: inflate failed" error... it's usually when i try doing
something, like if i click START --> Shut down, then it'll pop that up, or
if i open the internet browser, etc.  after that, i can't log in again (keep

getting the Zlibinstream: inflate failed error) without actually plugging my

mouse and monitor back into the server, and restarting the VNC windows
service, from the "services" in administrative options.

is there any way i can avoid getting this error from now on?  that would be
great if i could.  also, since i'm relying so heavily on remote management,
is there any other (free?) program anyone can recommend that i can run as a
BACKUP to VNC?  (so that if ever VNC stops working or whatever, i can log on

with the other program to sort out any problems, such as restarting VNC,
etc.).

Thanks a lot, any replies would be appreciated, since i'm on a deadline (got

less than a week to get this thing working flawlessly)

Thanks again
Regards
~Lorenzo