From: 0067881-0005 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2005 5:22 PM
To: Steve Bostedor; Jerry Westrick; vnc-list@realvnc.com
Subject: Re: Can VNC Do This?

Steve,
You can use Remote Registry service (available in Windows NT, 2000 and
XP for sure, maybe others) and connect to the remote computer's
registry, then drill down to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
to see the list of installed programs, similar to those listed in
Add/Remove Programs to gain the information you need.  The Remote
Registry service needs to be started on both client and server to make
this connection to the registry.  The logged in user will not see what
you are seeing when you connect this way.  This won't get you anything
else you may have been looking for though.  Hope this helps!

Kent