Yes, if you see that the first load of the Java Viewer is very slow, and
you are using the Sun JVM, then I have another patch you may be able to
use. My patch however, is for the RealVNC 4.0 windows source, so if
you're using a different version, the patch will be different. In
essence, the VNC server is not returning the header fields that Sun
wants (for plugin cache reasons). Because the VNC server does not return
a "Date:" or "Last-Modified:" header field, the Sun JVM gets pissed off
and re-requests the vncviewer.jar file. This adds 20 seconds to the
initial load time.

In essence, I modified the code to return the Date and Last-Modified
header fields, and now it gets served up right away. If you are using
the stock 4.0 RealVNC code and think this will help you, I would be
happy to post the patch.

Good luck.