From: James Weatherall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 8:38 AM
To: 'Paul Haskew'; vnc-list@realvnc.com
Subject: RE: VNC Viewer window location...

Paul,

With regards to the laggy updates, VNC 3.3 uses a slightly dodgy (read
"breaks lots of OLE-based programs) deferred hooking method, to ensure that
hooks are dealt with by VNC only after they have been dealt with by the
application.  VNC 4.0 didn't use this scheme, because it broke so many
things and as a result it would only catch some updates when it went back to
poll for changes.  VNC 4.1 will use a simple update batching technique to
give better update results for the hooks, and use an improved polling
scheme.

Cheers,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.