:: "Mcelhenney, Bryan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
:: I have 2 computers and a laptop at home for a total of 3 monitors.
:: What I've been looking for is something such that when I drag a
:: window off the left side of my middle monitor, it will appear as an
:: independent VNC window over on my left monitor.  Same thing with
:: mouse movements; if I moved my mouse off the right side of the middle
:: screen, it would appear via VNC on the right monitor and that
:: computer would receive keyboard input.

: Alasdair Ferro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
: I have a similar issue, but for keyboard & mouse.
: [... use of cygwin and x2x ...]
: This doesn't let you move windows between screens, but the mouse and
: keyboard do move.

: JC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
: You're looking for either x2vnc or win2vnc...

Moving the mouse and keyboard focus around between various computers can
be done with some conbination of x2x, x2vnc, and win2vnc.  But let me
suggest instead a non-vnc solution:

    http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

    Synergy lets you easily share a single mouse and keyboard between
    multiple computers with different operating systems, each with its
    own display, without special hardware.  It's intended for users with
    multiple computers on their desk since each system uses its own
    monitor(s).

To drag a window between screens, it might work to have a large virtual vnc
window, portions of which are displayed on each screen.  But you wouldn't
actually be running the apps on different machines.  And (when I've tried
it) it performs very badly and you have to keep tweaking various window
placements to get it to work adequately.  So it's possible, but the cure
may be worse than the disease.  Getting the mouse, keyboard, and
cut and paste buffers working has been enough for me.

Wayne Throop   [EMAIL PROTECTED]