the vnc listening viewer listens on port tcp 5500, 5900 is what the vnc
server listens on. try forwarding tcp 5500 to your computer

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Will Stateczny
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 15:22
To: vnc-list@realvnc.com
Subject: connecting from computer inside network to computer inside
different network

Hello,
    Here's my situation.  On my customer's computer, which is behind a
network, I've installed VNC Server.  On my computer, which is behind a
different network, I've installed VNC Viewer.  I've forwarded port 5900
on my firewall to my computer's network ip address.  I've turned on VNC
Listener on my computer.  When my customer goes to "Add a new Client",
it will ask for the name/address.  I am at a loss as to what to put in
there.  I tried my internet IP address coming in to the firewall, then a

colon, then 5900.  I also tried my website name, a colon, then 5900, but

both connections failed.  Does anyone know the value I need to put in?

Will