I'm currently running a small home network behind an ADSL router with WiFi (WEP
enabled) serving two laptops, both with XPHome.

Having used VNC successfully before I downloaded the latest free version and
installed
on both laptops.

I could not get a successful connection, I checked the various configuration
settings and
all appeared OK. I was a little unsure of the 'access' settings trying various
local
addresses but settling for 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 but still no luck.

Strangely I installed TightVNC and it worked first time.

I would prefer to use RealVNC as the 'access' settings appear to offer a wee
bit extra
security.

Having said that it is only intended to be used on a local network or via a VPN
connection.

I have disabled 'fast user switching' on XP as I read somewhere this is a
common
problem.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Geoff Lane