From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 12:55 PM
To: Di Pietro, Fabio VSD
Subject: Re: Unable to Copy in Windows and Paste in Linux

Di Pietro, Fabio VSD wrote:

> I have a problem with VNC-Server 4.1.1-1 on Linux and VNC-Viewer 4.0
> (Built on Jun 15 2004) on WinXP. I start vncconfig & on Suse 8.1 Linux

> and I can Copy in Linux and Paste in Windows. But when I Copy in WinXP

> and Paste in Linux the clipboard seems to be empty. What is going
> wrong?

How do you paste in linux? If you use some edit->paste menu, try pasting
with
the middle mouse button. On vnc version 3, that was the way to paste.

Then, with `xclipboard`, you can see there is more than just one
clipboard in
X11 (linux, unix e.a.).

Finally there is some clipboard (cut,copy,paste) info in the
documentation on
the website. Some settings might offend you.

CBee