Does anyone have experience with Apple's Remote Desktop V2 on OS/X when
used with solaris  or other VNC servers?  Compatibility, etc is the
issue. I may hae a need for remote support of multiple "types" of
systems....solaris, HP/UX 11, OpenVMS ( I do not know if anyone has
even ported it to this system).  Their sales "spiel" states

Extend a Hand  Without Leaving Your Desk
Apple Remote Desktop 2 gives you the necessary tools to provide the
best technical assistance possible to the computer users on your
network. With its real-time screen-sharing  which works not just with
Mac systems but with any Virtual Network Computing (VNC)-enabled
computer, including Windows, Linux or UNIX systems  Apple Remote
Desktop 2 allows you to observe up to 50 clients screens
simultaneously, as well as control individual screens.