Stefan,

Is it that you are seeing an xterm in your VNC session ?
If that is the case, you have to edit your xstartup file in
$HOME/.vnc/xstartup

See the contents of your $HOME/.vnc/xstartup
you will find that a xterm and twm is launched if this is the defualt
file.
You can comment the lines xterm and twm and

add
exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

This might help if I understood the problem correctly.

regards
Vamsi

>>> "Steven Deferme" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 04/15/05 8:10 PM >>>

Hi
I've recently downloaded VNCserver + viewer to my Redhat Linux.  Then i
did:

tar -zxvf  vnc-4_1_1-x86_linux.tar.gz
cd /vnc-4_1_1-x86_linux.tar.gz
./vncinstall /usr/local/bin
./vncinstall /usr/local/bin /usr/local/man
./Xvnc /usr/local/bin
vncserver

When I now try to VNC to my Linux-machine (with Windows 2000 server), I
only
see the linux in text mode.  What must I do to also get VNC to connect
Linux in graphical mode.
(FYI the Linux is running in graphical mode)

Thx

Steven Deferme