Steve:

        Heya. Some info here on your VNC port-number questions:

http://faq.gotomyvnc.com/fom-serve/cache/64.html

        This describes how to setup the port-forwarding so that
you can access each of your 4 PC's individually, at the same time,
from the same location, with 4 independent VNC sessions. You
can't access them all with only *1* VNC session, which I think
you may be asking.

cheers,
Scott

Several questions.

Background info:

We have a small LAN and use a Linksys router.  We are interested in
installing VNC Personal Edition for Windows Version 4.1.1 on four of our
PCs.

Questions:

1. Given that the router assigns its own IP addresses to each PC in our
network (192.168.1.101, 102, 103, etc.) how do we assign port numbers to
each PC so that each of the 4 PCs in the network can be access
concurrently... if this is possible?

2. Can we assign ports other than 5900 to the other PC's?

3. Can the VNC server recognize and establish communications through other
port numbers?  If so, what port numbers should we assign to each PC.

One last question.  Realistically, excluding the impact of slow connect
speeds, how many people are permitted to connect to one server to see what
an instructor is doing on the desktop of that server.

Sincerely,

Steve