From: Steve Worzman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 6:48 PM
To: 'vnc-list@realvnc.com'
Subject: server closed connection unexpectedly - another solution

Adding the "+" did it -- after weeks of playing with every setting on my
router and firewall and Norton Antivirus.  THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

However, here's some more absolutely necessary info:

1)           Windows Firewall can be turned on but you must add an exception
for "winvnc4.exe" and "run VNC Viewer" (otherwise "10060 connection timed
out" error).
2)           If you are running Norton SystemWorks Premier 2005 you must go
to "Options, Norton Anitvirus, Internet Worm Protection, Program Control"
and select "Permit" (as opposed to "Block") for WinVNC4 (otherwise after #1
above "10061 connection refused error").  This may apply to other versions
of Norton AV.
3)           Just a note that differs with the advice about the VNC Server -
"Connections" - "Access Control" option of adding the "+" as written below.
I clicked "Add" under "Access Control" and added a "+".  The resulting value
was "+255.255.255.255/0.0.0.0".  I did not have to check "only accept
connections from the local machine" and VNC finally worked finally no more
errors.  Yeah!

Steve

Thanks for the tip.

I've put figures in the Access Control field and it works now !?

--
Stiphane Seignovert
FXM Traduction S`rl

<hr size=2 width="100%" align=center>