From: James Weatherall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 3:24 PM
To: 'Erik Soderquist'; Alvord, Tim; vnc-list@realvnc.com
Subject: RE: Disabling the Options button in the Connection Details
dialog

Erik:

The user wouldn't have to "crack" the password to get it, they can just
un-obfuscate it.

Tim:

What is it that you are actually trying to achieve by disabling the Options
button?  What is it that your users might do with the Options dialog that is
a problem?  If what you're really trying to do is prevent them from sending
pointer or key events, you should be configuring that on the server, not the
viewer, since there is no way for the viewer to bypass your server
configuration.

Regards,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.