From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Andreas Fehr
Sent: 11 May 2005 07:43
To: vnc-list@realvnc.com
Cc: James Weatherall; Tim Waugh
Subject: Re: error compiling VNC with X.org 6.8.2

On Tue, 10 May 2005, 14:30, Tim Waugh (as TW) wrote:

>TW: On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 02:06:02PM +0100, James Weatherall wrote:
>TW:
>TW: > Tim, are these the patches you meant?
>TW:
>TW: They were certainly the ones I was thinking about, but this
>TW: particular problem might be something that came up afterwards and
>TW: was fixed then -- perhaps I didn't send a patch for some reason.
>TW:
>TW: So we aren't in any doubt, the current patches are stored here:
>TW:
>TW:  http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/vnc/

Well, definitely not the effect I expected. With the patches, no hardware
dependent part has been compiled or installed, so I was not able to get
X running on my mac. I guess, I have to check all the patches for
changes that I don't need/want.

But just to make check again, VNC compiles into X, I don't have to
install X and compile it again (2nd time with VNC) to have some vnc-X
modules. It should be possible to compile X once (with VNC) and install
it once (with VNC) on a fresh system. Is this correct?

Thanks for the help so far,
Andreas