Hi Kevin,

The IP address you gave is the intranet (local Lan) address for one of your computers. You need to make the router static on the intranet side. It is my understanding that you can have both static and DHCP running on the same router but I have not attempted it yet. If you will change the lan to static IP and assign each computer a address it most likely will end your problems.
From your message I assume you know how to forward a port in the WRT54G
router. This is the same router I am using on my site. I have assumed that you have administrator rites on the Lan and router.

If I can be of further help please let me know.

Doyal McVicker

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Cheng" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <vnc-list@realvnc.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 11:20 PM
Subject: Linksys Router (WRT54G) Help! Changing IP addresses!

VNC List:

I am having some trouble setting up my RealVNC on some computers
behind my Linksys WRT54G wireless router.  I have a basic
understanding of how everything works, but I'm getting tangled up in
the port forwarding and DHCP stuff.

Here is the main problem:

On my server desktop, I am running VNC Server along with DynDNS
Updater so I can keep up with the dynamic Comcast High-Speed IP
address.  Therefore, when I type in xxx.dyndns.org, I should be able
to access my computer.  Here is the problem however:  Sometimes when I
restart the desktop with VNC server, the IP address will change
(192.168.1.102 to 192.168.1.106).  When it switches IPs, 106 does not
have port forwarding on and I can no longer access it.  Because I am
still running testing, I simply open up port 5900 on 192.168.1.106 and
the xxx.dyndns.org address will work out fine.  Attempting to access
it via the actual IP address (192.168.1.106) works fabulously.  I just
can't seem to figure out how to keep up with the DHCP giving me new
IPs.  (Keep in mind, the above testing deals with all LAN-side
testing.)

I have tried setting a static IP, but I don't know the DNS
information, so I think that contributed to my loss of Internet.  What
other options are there?

Thanks!

Kevin Cheng/[EMAIL PROTECTED]