Rex Dieter wrote:
> William Hooper wrote:

>>> Doesn't the GPL require that the source used to produce a (GPL'd)
>>> binary (rpm) be made available?
>>>

>> What's wrong with the tar file?
>>

> binary rpms need both the tar sourcecode *and* a vnc.spec in order to be
> created.  It is the spec-file that is currently not available (which
> *would* be if a src.rpm were provided).

Writing a spec file isn't that hard.  Even then, I wouldn't start with the
RealVNC provided one (no offense to the RealVNC folks).  Last time I
checked they were building on RH 7.3 for compatibility, requiring older
compatibility libraries.  I would instead start with the Fedora spec:

http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/vnc/vnc.spec?view=markup

That said, I doubt the spec file has changed much since RealVNC 4.0:

http://www.realvnc.com/dist/vnc-4.0-1.nosrc.rpm

--
William Hooper