Hello,

I am behind a corporate firewall over which I have no control (but possibly
some
influence if security guidelines are followed). I know that the firewall allows
outgoing HTTP connections over port 80 but not over nonstandard HTTP ports.

I am trying to use a "public" HPC site at invigo.acis.uf.edu (In-Vigo at ACIS
in
the University of Florida). According to their FAQ, they use VNC to allow
public access.

I am able to log into the site, but cannot open their "Virtual Workspaces" - it
fails trying to open joule.acis.ufl.edu:15021. I have looked through the VNC
documentation on the RealVNC site and I am surmising that the they are using
VNC over HTTP or HTTPS to do their "Virtual Workspaces", as I could not find
anything indicating that I needed to install any VNC client software.

Could you point me to any documentation, FAQs or how-to to how this setup could
be configured? Most of the information I have seen involve both a VNC server
and client or discuss allowing access to your VNC server over a firewall, as
opposed to vice versa.

Any help would be appreciated - I am aware that I lack many relevant details
here.

Regards,
Andrea

--