RE: Trying to build the VNC 4.1.1free edition from source on IBM RS6000 using
AIX 5.2.

I've now tried this with XFree86 versions 4.5.0, 4.3.0, 4.2.1, all with the
same (no good) results.  Somehow it is not picking up that
it is supposed to compile vnc files too.
And the ibmLib.rules all have the same "extra" else statement or whatever is
wrong with it.  And I have to set about a 100
links/copies etc of various include files to get as far as I am.

Can you tell me what version of gcc/g++ to use?  Do I have to use GNU ld too?
What version of "make"?
I have to go into ibm.cf and set CcCmd to gcc and the xlC to g++ etc.  Is this
the right thing to do?

I guess the better question is just ....How do I set compilation of the xc
directory to use gcc and g++?

Can anyone tell me if this will EVER work with AIX 5.2 vs AIX 4.3.3?  If I have
to go back to 4.3.3, I can. Just have to install gcc
there first.

Can you put me in contact with anybody that may have built VNC with AIX  for
any version VNC/AIX?

Thanks for any assistance!
tom

The information contained herein is GOODYEAR PROPRIETARY information and
includes GOODYEAR CONFIDENTIAL information. Reproduction of
this
document, disclosure of the information, and use for any purpose other than to
conduct business with Goodyear is expressly prohibited.

             "James Weatherall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

             Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                                               "'Tom Wurgler'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <vnc-list@realvnc.com>
             07/27/2005 09:49 AM
                                                   cc
                                                               <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>

                                              Subject
                                                               RE: 4.1.1 Build
problems on AIX

Tom,

The problem you're seeing with spurious #else clauses looks like an XFree86
4.5 bug, but it's hard to be sure.

We compile VNC 4.1.1 for our supported platforms against XFree86 4.2.1 and
4.3.

Regards,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.