Dan wrote:
Hey all, I'm totally blind here, so therefore I use a screen reader to
access my PC.  And I wanted to know if there are any scripts for JAWS for
windows, or set files for window-eyes for VNC to make it accessible, in
particular, the VNC viewer.

Dan,

I'm sorry I have to tell that VNC provides a fully graphical view of the remote machine. It gives a screendump of the remote-side: just the pixels, no text information or such. I donnot know how your screen-readers work but as far as I know, they scan for character information in the screen buffer. Since the display is only a bitmap, this text information is lost. You do need a character recognition program to get the text from the vnc viewer.

If your can install a screen reader on the remote machine, you might be helped with a vnc variant that also provides a sound channel. I donnot know details but I do know there are more vnc variants around: For real-vnc I'm sure it does not provide a sound-channel. You can try with tight-vnc, true-vnc or maybe others.

If your remote machine is a unix or linux based machine, I think you are better helped with an X11 server on your desktop and use the X11 way to do remote desktops. This might give hooks for your screen readers. If your desktop is also unix or linux, just set the $DISPLAY variable on the remote system to your desktop machine.

Regards,

CBee

Dan in Brantford, Ontario Canada.
Amateur radio station va3ets.  EchoLink  node number:6165, Skype name:
va3ets, msn or email: HYPERLINK "mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]"[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo messenger:va3ets