John,

first of all, thank you very much for your advice !

John Aldrich wrote:
You're correct... we can't email batch files through our corporate email
server here. What you'd have to do in a case like that is just include the
text and indicate that the recipient should copy and paste the relevant text
into a text document and save it as a batchfile. I have my doubts as to the
ability of the average person to understand how to do that myself...

so do I, but however, I could give it a try and see if they understand it or not.

One alternative would be to zip up the batchfile and send a zip file to the
remote recipient and instruct them to unpack the zipfile and run the
batchfile inside. Of course, you might want to include the winvnc.exe file
as well, just in case.

Both zip and exe file will probably get the same problem as batch file already has ;)

but the idea of having a "stand alone" zipped file to send so remote assistance is easier, seems interesting !

Thanks again for your attention to my request !
Best regards,

Yann