Connecting to PC's over internet with both host and server PC's running
XP. In most cases I have no problems with this connection, but just
recently I have come across a problem with 3 PC's. When I make the
connection, I get a black screen. The person at the other end can see me
move the mouse, but I cannot see anything on this PC. Interestingly, if
I try to connect using XP's Remote Desktop Connection to connect to
these PC's, I get a similar result. The connection to the remote PC is
made, and the usual blue screen appears, but the login dialog that
normally appears cannot be seen. Bizarrely, if I connect to another PC
at this location which responds correctly to VNC and then use the VNC
viewer on this PC to connect to one of the problem PC's, this second VNC
connection behaves normally! Any ideas?