Dear All,

Forgive me for recovering old ground
(http://www.realvnc.com/pipermail/vnc-list/2004-September/046950.html)

But despite disabling remote desktop I still get the error when coming out
of standby mode through WOL.

I send a magic packet to bring my XP pc out of standby, which it appears to
do - ie the computer powers up, I can ping it, remotely access its shared
drives and I can connect to it from a vnc client. However once I've entered
my password I get the error.

If I move the mouse on the remote PC, then connect, all is well.

I'm using client and server v 4.1.1 (free edition). The client is running on
win 2k, the server on win XP home.

Any suggestions? Could it be that xp home doesn't really disable remote
desktop even though I've cleared the 'let others remotely connect to my
computer' option? Or could there be another related problem?

Many thanks

Paul