I am trying to set VNC up to work behind a router and firewall. I have forwarded ports 5500 5800 and 5900 to 192.168.2.21 (my fixed IP on the LAN) and opened these ports in the firewall.

They show as open when running a port scan. Windows firewall is also configured to let VNC work. I can connect from my own machine or from another machine on the network by accessing 192.168.2.21.

However, when I try and connect using my Internet IP address or my DynDns address it says "unable to connect to host: Connection refused (10061)". I've had a look through the FAQ and can't seem to find any solutions. Don't particularly wanna use packet echoing..

When running the test at http://www.realvnc.com/cgi-bin/nettest.cgi I get the following:

The IP address requesting this web page is 87.80.246.36

Connecting to port 5900 ... succeeded.

Waiting for server to send version string...

Not sure what kind of server...

Any ideas guys?

Cheers

Ben