It sounds like Winvnc4.exe is not running. Maybe you ought to check with
your ISP to see if they are blocking this service?

-----Original Message-----
From: Pddi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 4:39 AM
To: 'John Aldrich'
Subject: AW: Connection over internet doesn't work

Hy John

Thank you very much for your detailed answer. Yes, I have a normal
ADSL-router (broad band) on my internet connection. But on this thing I have
no restrictions for any software or ports... I let pass there evry internet
traffic.

Now I enabled winvnc4.exe as an exception in Windows Firewall and opend
extra the prot 5900 in the same menu (win firewall). Unfortunately it still
does not work... telnet-session doesn't work either.

I also checked my host with the script on http://www.gotomyvnc.com, the
result is:
81.63.xx.xx is not responding on Display 0 - 9

I'm sure that I use the right IP-Addrss, I got i from
http://www.whatismyip.com/  It is also accessible by ping.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance, kind regards, Patrick

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----