Hal Vaughan wrote:

I found that Real to Real gives me what *seems* to be an even faster connection than Tight to Real (at least a Tight Server & Real Viewer).

When, when you said you had used Real, most assumed you meant on both ends.

So my best guess is that I was using some systems with a mixed server/viewer situation, and THAT seems to effect the connection.

Absolutely. Tight doesn't support Real's RLE compression, and Real doesn't support Tight compression, so when mixed server/viewer falls back to a non-compressed compatibility mode.

So in short, try your best to avoid mixing, and you'll be better off.

-- Rex