Hi,

 I have recently downloaded Real VNC and configured my systems (XP firewall,
router) accordingly to try to get it to work. Problem is, although I can
connect to my VNC through LAN, I cannot seem to connect to it through WAN no
matter what I do. It says, "connection refused 10061".

I tried the VNC test page and it replied me with the following.

The IP address requesting this web page is 218.43.39.206

Connecting to port 5900 ... succeeded.

Waiting for server to send version string...

Found a server supporting protocol version 3.8.

I assume this means that my setup should be ok, yet I still cannot connect
for some weird reason. I'm using the Buffalo WBR-G54 router and its setup
with the newest 2.23 firmware. Could it be that my router doesn't support
looping?

Furthermore, I tried connecting to my friend's VNC server over WAN and that
was ok. So I'm sure the problem has to have something to do with the server
and not the viewer.

1.       Installed newest firmware on router.

2.       Installed newest version of real VNC on LAN computer behind router.

3.       Port forwarding for 5500, 5800, 5900 done.

4.       Success with VNC test page.

5.       Can connect to VNC server through LAN but not WAN.

 Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!