From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of James Weatherall
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 5:31 AM
To: 'Hannu Jdrvinen'; 'RealVNC List (E-mail)'
Subject: RE: Tunneling VNC

Hannu,

This has nothing to do with tunnelling VNC through SSH.  SSH is a port-level
tunnel, not a TCP-level tunnel, so the problems of multiple-level
retransmission caused by TCP-over-TCP do not occur.

Anecdotal evidence suggests that certain firewalls/routers and possibly
Hamachi itself don't handle MTU-reduction as seamlessly as is suggested by
"Steve's" comments.

Cheers,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.