Paul:

        Heya. Fortunately, a popular question:

http://faq.gotomyvnc.com/fom-serve/cache/87.html

        Hope that helps!

-Scott

Hi

I want to remotely control my pc at home from my office.

At home I am running windows xp professional sp 2 behind a netgeat dg834 router.
At work I am running behind a proxy server which I have no control over and
cannot touch.

I have opened port 3389 (this is used for windows remote desktop) on my router
at home and done the port forwarding to my pc. I can see my router on the net
because I can administer the router.

This work fine from one pc to another at home locally but I cannot get this to
work from office to home so I wonder if VNG personal can do the job, I know
port 80 is open at work (if i am not mistaken this is used for http ??? please
excuse me I am a bit of a novice re networking) and I think port 3389 is open
because i know the IT guys use windows remote desktoping (they seem to want to
keep it quiet though and are not too helpful).

So can I set up the vng server at home and the viewer at work with the
limitations that I have ... I could I get set up my pc at home as a web server
(IIS ???)if that would help - though I have no idea whatsoever at to

Thanks for any help

Paul