Andy and Lenore Etherington napisal(a):
> Unfortunately, winVNC is proving to be problematical. Sometimes after
> choosing a machine to connect to, the viewer just "goes away", and I never
> get asked for a password, and no session will be established. Other times I
> will be prompted for the password, and THEN it goes away. Sometimes I get a
> failure to find server error even though I know the machine is up, and VNC
> server is running. I could deal with the flakiness of the connections,
[...]
> Details:
> Viewer        tablet pc, 1.4 GHz centrino, windows xp professional, wireless
> network connection, VNC viewer 3.3.7.0
> Server 1      tower pc, 500 MHz Piii, windows 98se, 10/100 into router, winVNC
> server 3.3.3R9
> Server 2      tower pc, 500 MHz Piii, windows 98se, wireless, winVNC server
> 3.3.3R7
> Server 3      tower pc, 2.4 GHz P4, windows xp home, wireless, winVNC server
> 3.3.3R7

Hm... these versions are should work quite well with each other, without the
problems you described.
I'm afraid that the wireless connection may be the problem. As people
already mentioned on the list multiple times, some of the wireless routers
cause problems with VNC (I never experienced this personally, as I generally
don't use wireless connections).
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa
Spam, wirusy, spyware... masz do6f? Jest alternatywa!
http://www.firefox.pl/   ---   http://www.thunderbird.pl/
Szybciej. #atwiej. Bezpieczniej. Internet tak jak lubisz.