Everybody does. In fact it is described in documentation as a feature.

Regards,
Alex

Andris Falcsn wrote:
Hi, there. Yesterday I was sitted on my chair doing some test with my vnc and I
discover a serious bug in the password request.
  This is the scenario:
  2 desktop computer over internet both with windows xp.
  Server: running last release of vnc (Free Edition). Password with 10
characters long
  Client: connecting via Internet Explorer
  The error occurs when the password is greater than 8 characters.
  Steps:
  1 - Connect to the url and port
  2 - The the java application loaded and when ask for password
  3 - Put 8 characters corresponding to the 8 first characters of the password
and the you can complete with garbage
4 - And the best of all if that connect to the server perfectly I post it here because i couldn4t find any link to send directly to developer team
  Does anybody get the same error?
Andres