Hello Everyone,

This is a fairly recent, out of nowhere issue for us.  We have a few workers
whom VPN into the office network and they all have no problems viewing the
Windows 2000 Professional Server at the office once VPN has been
established.  A few months ago, one user started getting the black screen
and error 10054 when he attempts to logon.  The settings on the VNC are the
same as the other users.  It is a Windows XP Professional SP2 machine, no
screensaver, Linksys Router has VPN port open.  We verified that all remote
users are using the same settings for Port Forwarding.  We can find
absolutely nothing different that would lead us to the issue at hand.  I
have read a lot of the archived material and used them as options to run
some tests but have come up with nothing.  We also had the user drop the MTU
to 1300 but it made no difference at all.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Joel Michalec
IT Manager, CPB, Inc