I have downloaded and installed in my system VNC for
linux.I followed the procedure described in the readme
file. After installing i ran the server and it started
without any problem.
    But if i connect to the server using vncviewer
from  another system i could only see a terminal of
the server opening in the client.I am unable to see
the server desktop as it is in the client.

.vnc/xstartup file looked like this

     #!/bin/sh

    [-r $HOME /.Xresources] && xrdb $HOME /.Xresources
     xsetroot  -solidgrey
     vncconfig  -iconic &
    xterm -geometry 80*24+10+10  -ls -title

     "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
     twm &

I will be thankful if somebody can help me out.

Thanks
Ramakrishna