Mak,
most probably the remote computer is protected by a firewall that blocks RPC
traffic. That's most common reason for "The RPC server is unavailable"
errors.
To open RPC ports via GPO you should do the following:

Start "gpedit.msc" snap-in. Navigate to Computer
Configuration->Administrative Templates->Network->Network
Connections->Windows Firewall->Domain/Standard Profile and enable the
following value: Allow Remote Administration Exception
You might also want to enable Allow File and Printer Sharing Exception

Best regards,
Yury

SmartCode Solutions - Network Management Without Barriers
http://www.s-code.com