I've seen a similar issue on our Solaris 9 systems, but I rarely saw the memory size go above 500 MB. We had been running VNC 3.3.3r2 from AT&T until very recently when I switched that out with RealVNC (Free) 4.1.2. This upgrade was being done to fix two problems, one of which was the memory usage. We haven't been able to track down the triggering event (specific X application or length of time the session is running). I've been meaning to run a debugger on a running app that is using memory like this to send info about how much RAM is allocated for what....

PS: Is there any way to configure the vnc-list mailing list server to add [vnc-list] to the subject of e-mails? That would make sorting e- mails a lot easier.

Steve