On Friday 06 October 2006 03:18 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I'm trying to connect to my RealVNC server that I made at my house from
> work, but at my job everything is on a proxy server. It allows traffic on
> ports 20,21,and 22. On my vnc server properties, I accept connections on
> port 22, and I followed instructions for my WRT54GSv4 linksys router on
> portforward.com but I still cannot connect. I know it can be done, because
> my co-worker does it all the time. He uses the beta version however, while
> I use the 4.1.2 RealVNC Free Edition. My laptop that I take with me to work
> is on Windows XP, as well as my home computer that the VNC server is on. Is
> it my router, or do I have to do something else. I put the number 22 on
> "Accept Connections on port:" in the properties on the server, just in case
> that helps.

Easiest way to do things: Install an SSH server on your PC and then tunnel
everything through the SSH connection as shown in
http://home.chattanooga.net/~john/Putty-Tunnel/putty-tunnel.html

I don't take credit for that page. I just mirrored it after Benjamin Weiss'
page disappeared and I copied it from the Internet Archive. :-)