On Friday 12 January 2007 16:45, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> hello
>
> Here is my answer to the asked question:
> my 2 PC's are connected via a DSL link.
>
> If you happened to know this, the DSL boxes are Free boxes; at one end,
> there is a router.

Which end, server or client?  If it is on the server you must set up port
forwarding so that connections to the router on the port in question
(typically inbound connections to port 5900, 5600 and or 5500 depending on
what type of VNC connection you are trying to achieve) are forwarded to the
LAN IP address of the VNC server machine.  It is a good idea to allow
incoming connections only from the IP of the client machine, if the server
configuration menu offers this option.

> On one side, the Fireawall is WinXP's, and ZoneAlarm on the other side.

The server software firewall will need to be configured to allow incoming
connections from the client on the respective port (as above).  ZoneAlarm may
try to block outbound connections from the client (if ZoneAlarm is installed
on the client machine).  Make sure you click to allow the VNC viewer to
connect to the Internet if/when ZoneAlarm pops up trying to be clever.

> Hope this help.

It would have helped more if you told us which machine (server or client) is
behind which network (with router or without) . . .
Mick